Re: [Patch] Support UTF-8 scripts

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 02:53:57 EST

Lee Revell wrote:

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 09:35 -0700, Stephen Pollei wrote:

Thats great for the perl6 people.
http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/syn/S03.html says they are going
to be using  and  as operators...

Is Larry smoking crack? That's one of the worst ideas I've heard in a
long time. There's no easy way to enter those at the keyboard!

On your keyboard, that is. So what?

My keyboard happen to have no easy way of entering a dollar sign,
even though it is in ÂasciiÂ. That makes sense though, as it is one
of those ascii characters that is almost never used in my part of the world.

Still, if I needed to use the Â$Â when programming, I sure could map it to
some key combination. X is nice that way.

Helge Hafting