idr_get_new_above not working?

From: John McCutchan
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 09:16:20 EST

Hey,

Inotify is using idr_get_new_above to make sure that the next watch
descriptor is larger/different than any of the previous watch
descriptors. We keep track of the largest wd that we get out of
idr_get_new_above, and pass that to idr_get_new_above. I have noticed
though, that idr_get_new_above always returns the first available id.
This causes a serious problem for inotify, because user space will get a
IGNORE event for a wd K that might refer to the last holder of the K.

--
John McCutchan <ttb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>