Re: PROBLEM: blocking read on socket repeatedly returns EAGAIN

From: Kern Sibbald
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 16:07:41 EST

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 20:39, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Kern Sibbald <kern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:38:14 +0200
>
> > Someone is setting nonblocking on my socket !
>
> Glad that's resolved...

Yes, my stupidity. There was one more fcntl() in my source than I thought :-(

By the way, if a signal is delivered while blocked on a read, IMO, the OS
should return EINTR. If it doesn't, oh well, I'll live with it.

I wrote this code 5 years ago and was just now wondering why I bothered to
test on EAGAIN. Your comment about a signal causing EAGAIN to be returned
clarifies a lot.