Re: 2.6.13-rc6-rt6

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 13:31:43 EST

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 12:10 -0500, K.R. Foley wrote:

> This one has been biting me in the shorts since going to the 2.6.13-rc?
> RT series on my older SMP system at home. In every case the system hangs
> on shutdown and requires a hard reset. I just hadn't had the time to
> check into it. I was just in the process of building 2.6.13-rc6 without
> RT to check if it still happened. Guess I won't bother now. :-)

On my AMD SMP box, the system boots with no problems. It did lock up on
shutdown right after it showed the nfsd bug. My laptop still locks up
on start-up so I need to take a look at it. It's hyper-threaded and
not normal SMP, although I don't think that would make much of a
difference. I'll copy over my config of my AMD box to my laptop, and
make just the changes that are required for the hardware, and see if it
boots farther.

When I ran my laptop in UP, on shutdown it also saw the nfsd problem,
but it never locked up. My AMD SMP box did lock up.

-- Steve