help! forcedeth network errors and packet drops - Was: ACPI Standby and nvidia ethernet driver causes network errors and drops

From: Avuton Olrich
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 16:34:38 EST

Reference (was):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112421051105982&w=2

Corrections:
1) It is not the 'nvidia' driver, it is the 'forcedeth' ethernet driver
2) It does _not_ only happen after standby, I have finally experienced
errors and drops without going into standby.

Now, with this said is there anything I can enable in the kernel to
help diagnose the issue. I am currently using 2.6.12-rc5-mm1 on this
computer. I have read that this could be caused by being at the wrong
duplex, which as far as I could tell should be full (that's what all
the other computers on the network seem to be at) but I cannot find
that information nowhere in the /proc at least. I have also changed
the network cable 3 times, which I have also read could have been the
problem.

Also here's some netstat information:
netstat -i:
Kernel Interface table
Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg
eth0 1500 0 14503 0 0 0 17207 809 0
0 BMNRU
lo 16436 0 260 0 0 0 260 0 0
0 LRU

I have included everything I can think of between these two emails,
feel free to ask for more, or please help.

thanks,
avuton