RE: Question regarding HPET the 2.6 series kernel.

From: Pallipadi, Venkatesh
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 19:18:06 EST

When it is supported in BIOS, you will see a HPET line similar to below
in initial ACPI messages.

ACPI: OEMB (v001 A M I AMI_OEM 0x05000510 MSFT 0x00000097) @
0xdffdf040
ACPI: HPET (v001 A M I OEMHPET 0x05000510 MSFT 0x00000097) @
0xdffd7480

And when it is supported in BIOS, kernel always uses it.

Thanks,
Venki