Re: Environment variables inside the kernel?

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 12:28:09 EST

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Ingo Oeser wrote:

> Also the Linux kernel is the first "process" ever.

The first process is init.

> Who should set up it's environment variables?

The kernel command line and the boot loader set up the environment
variables for the kernel.

> These arguments are no real proof in a mathematical sense,
> but should help you argumenting.

Mathematical proofs are accomplished within a framework of mathematical
models.

In the postmodern time period and we gave up belief that the mathematical
models are an accurate representation of reality. We only expect that
they are sufficiently accurate for the purposes at hand.