Re: 2.6.13-rc6-rt9

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 18:00:27 EST

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 15:13 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> I was trying to use another HRT clock source and couldn't get menuconfig
> to let me select acpi-pm-timer, turns out it has been disabled in
> arch/i386/Kconfig, but the description is still in the help...
>

> # config HIGH_RES_TIMER_ACPI_PM
> # bool "ACPI-pm-timer"
>
> Is the pm timer incompatible with the RT portion of this patch?

The only timesource I came around to fixup is TSC in combination with
PIT or preferred Local APIC. Add "lapic" to your kernel command line for
UP boxen. Therefor it is disabled for now.

> I'm looking into getting HRT and RT booting on a SUMMIT NUMA machine
> (cyclone timer), but after s/error/warning/ in arch/i386/timers/timer.c
> for the HRT cyclone ifdef, I still get the following link error:

It should be simple to fix this. Just not right now. I have no such box
and restricted time resources. Can you test a patch when I find a slot?
But of course you are heartely invited to fix it yourself :)

tglx