Re: select() efficiency / epoll

From: Davy Durham
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:10:27 EST

Jari Sundell wrote:

On 8/23/05, Davy Durham <pubaddr2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was hoping you would mention in your reply that you knew
epoll_data_t was an union and you didn't touch epoll_data::fd, so i
wouldn't have to say it explicitly. ;)

No, I saw that epoll_data_t was a union (although, it kind of makes the ptr useless as a user data pointer.. but I'm not using it for that)

When I mean that pointers are getting corrupted, I just mean in other parts of the code (actually it's some C++ STL container's data and is completely unrelated to the epoll specific code) Something, somewhere seems to be writing to memory that it's not supposed to be writing to. And as far as I can tell, it happens when I use epoll and doesn't when I use select :-/

-- Davy