Re: Initramfs and TMPFS!

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 22:01:52 EST

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 06:05:47PM -0400, robotti@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was just making a suggestion to whoever it may concern, because I
> think it would extend the usefullness of initramfs.

I have a path for initramfs to use tmpfs. It's sorta hacky so I never
submitted it and solves a niche problem for embedded people.

Ultimately we might one day still want to change how we initialize the
early userspace (Al suggesting a reasomably nice way to move the
decompressor(s) to userspace for example) so I don't feel there is a
compelling reason to do more than cleanups in this area right now.