Re: [patch] IBM HDAPS accelerometer driver.

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 15:12:44 EST

On 8/26/05, Robert Love <rml@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 14:27 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>
> > What this completion is used for? I don't see any other references to it.
>
> It was the start of the release() routine, but I decided to move to
> platform_device_register_simple() and use its release, instead. So this
> is gone now in my tree.
>
> > I'd rather you used absolute coordinates and set up
> > hdaps_idev->absfuzz to do the filtering.
>
> Me too.

Btw, if you set up absolute input device it will be claimed by joydev
instead of mousedev and will not get in a way of normal operation
while still available for playing. So you could just kill all that
enabling/disabling code and have input device always activated.

> > What about using sysfs_attribute_group?
>
> I don't see this in my tree?

Sorry, it is called struct attribute_group, sysfs_create_group() and
sysfs_remove_group(). See fs/sysfs/group.c

--
Dmitry