Re: Initramfs and TMPFS!

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 18:41:19 EST

On Saturday 27 August 2005 22:28, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 08:19:18AM +0000, Kent Robotti wrote:
> > I know that experience dosen't come from packing the kernel source,
> > or the zillion other tar archives on the internet.
>
> Are you deliberately trying to be annoying? Let me guess:
>
> - your under 25 years of age, probably in high school or not far
> out of it

No offence Chris, but not everybody under 25 is an asshole.

[snip]

> - you're very interesting in real-time patches. linux should
> clearly have all real-time stuff merged. second to your interest
> in realtime is probably something like selinux

As Lee mentioned elsewhere, Ingo's work is essential for many of us in a
professional context. Disparaging comments about, well, useful patches are
unnecessary here.

[snip]
> Please.

Kent is sure a troll, but don't let him or any other person with no technical
understanding of the issues annoy you.

Also is it just me or did LKML get a series of disconnected rubbish on this
thread? Please, don't add mailing lists to CC without a good reason,
especially not if it's this kind of rubbish.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.