Re: Linux 2.6.13

From: Ricardo Galli
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 18:59:08 EST

> There it is.

2.6.13 does not boot in my PPC (iBook, 500 MHz), it hangs just at the very
begining and the machines is automatically rebooted after a couple of
minutes.

The on-screen messages finishes with a few "openpic" messages:
http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/tmp/linux-13-ppc.jpg

I used the same 2.5.12's .config that works fine
(http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/tmp/config-2.6.13-ppc.txt). During "make oldconfig"
I selected the default options, with the exception of the "hardware monitor"
which I first enabled and then disabled because was the first suspicious.

Can I do any further test? Or is it a stupid mistake?

Cheers.

--
ricardo galli GPG id C8114D34
http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/