Re: Second "CPU" of 1-core HyperThreading CPU not found in 2.6.13

From: Mws
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 13:55:10 EST

Pallipadi, Venkatesh wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: linux-kernel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-kernel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chase Venters
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 9:04 PM
To: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Second "CPU" of 1-core HyperThreading CPU not found in 2.6.13

Greetings kind hackers...
I recently switched to 2.6.13 on my desktop. I noticed that the second "CPU" (is there a better term to use in this HyperThreading scenario?) that used to be listed in /proc/cpuinfo is no longer present.

Complete 'dmesg' please.

Thanks,
Venki

just verified.
i have got the same problem here.
p4 asus mainboard most recent bios
prescott cpu
everything is fine for detecting cpu with 2.6.13-rc1
i just tested 2.6.13-rc7 and release today only 1 cpu is shown

regards
marcel

ps. dmesg will follow tomorrow if nothin has reached the ml then.
(i need the machine now compiling some stuff)