Re: agp_backend_initialize() failed on ServerWorks CNB20LE

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 18:14:53 EST

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 11:21:39PM +0200, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On a server with ServerWorks CNB20LE and CONFIG_AGP_SWORKS enabled
> I get these upon bootup:
> Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
> agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
> agpgart: agp_backend_initialize() failed.
> agpgart-serverworks: probe of 0000:00:00.0 failed with error -22
> agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
> agpgart: agp_backend_initialize() failed.
> agpgart-serverworks: probe of 0000:00:00.1 failed with error -22

Every time I've seen this reported so far, its turned out that the board
doesn't actually have an AGP slot. Is this case here too ?

Documentation on serverworks chipsets is as good as non-existant,
so there's not a great deal we can do here.

> The only problems I have that *may* be related to these messages is the
> fact that when I boot into X and try to switch to a text console, the
> screen gets garbled and freezes, the server works fine besides the
> screen throwing trash at me.

Likely completely unrelated. agpgart is used only for accelerated 3d.

Dave