Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: GFS, what's remaining

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 23:49:04 EST

On Sunday 04 September 2005 00:30, Joel Becker wrote:
> You asked why dlmfs can't go into sysfs, and I responded.

And you got me! In the heat of the moment I overlooked the fact that you and
Greg haven't agreed to the merge yet ;-)

Clearly, I ought to have asked why dlmfs can't be done by configfs. It is the
same paradigm: drive the kernel logic from user-initiated vfs methods. You
already have nearly all the right methods in nearly all the right places.

Regards,

Daniel