Re: 2.6.13-mm1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 16:35:58 EST

Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be too much trouble to have a mm-drops list
> similar to the mm-commits list.

Well I was sending drop messages to mm-commits, but lots of people went
"Waah, why did you drop my patch?". A few hours after they'd been cc'ed as
the patch went in to Linus! So then I was asked to include an explanation
with the drop message and that all got too hard so I turned them off.

<turns them back on again>

> I also like to keep track of what patches of mine get accepted and
> subsequently dropped.

As I say, the way to do this is via your quilt series file.