Re: GFS, what's remainingh

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 23:57:01 EST

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 00:07, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 23:02, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > By the way, you said "alpha server" not "alpha servers", was that just a
> > slip? Because if you don't have a cluster then why are you using a dlm?
>
> No, it is not a slip. The application is running on just one node, so we
> do not really use "distributed" part. However we make heavy use of the
> rest of lock manager features, especially lock value blocks.

Urk, so you imprinted on the clunkiest, most pathetically limited dlm feature
without even having the excuse you were forced to use it. Why don't you just
have a daemon that sends your values over a socket? That should be all of a
day's coding.

Anyway, thanks for sticking your head up, and sorry if it sounds aggressive.
But you nicely supported my claim that most who think they should be using a
dlm, really shouldn't.

Regards,

Daniel