Re: RFC: i386: kill !4KSTACKS

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 00:45:51 EST

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 00:16, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> ...as long as ->task and ->previous_esp are initialized,
> staying on the bigger stack looks fine (previous_esp is apparently used
> only for backtrace) ... just like do_IRQ.

Ahem, but let me note before somebody else does: it isn't interrupt context,
it is normal process context - while an interrupt can ignore most of the
thread_info fields, a normal process has to worry about all 9. To be on the
safe side, the first 8 need to be copied into and out of the ndis stack, with
preempt disabled until after the stack switch.

Regards,

Daniel