Re: Automatic .config generation

From: Ahmad Reza Cheraghi
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 02:49:27 EST

--- Alex Riesen <raa.lkml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/8/05, Ahmad Reza Cheraghi
> <a_r_cheraghi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I made this Framework to generate a .config based
> on a
> > Target-System. Right-now it works on my Laptop
> Acer
>
> how about teaching it to generate .config using just
> sysfs and lsbus?

Thats another way, to find the Hardware(better than
dmesg). But is this always installed on a nacked
Kernel? And i think, lsbus is not supported by the new
sysfsutils.
The best thing is for detecting the Hardware is
directly from the I/O, and the only program I know is
lspci.

> So noone will need to contact you regarding adding
> their system to
> your files, especially when all the information is
> already present in
> the kernel in a very parsable form (pci.ids, for
> example).
Thangs, didn't know that!