Re: [OOPS] hotplugging cpus via /sys/devices/system/cpu/

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 15:56:18 EST

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:41:58PM -0700, Christopher Beppler wrote:

> [1.] One line summary of the problem:
> If I deactivate a CPU with /sys/devices/system/cpux and try to
> reactivate it, then the CPU doesn't start and the kernel prints out an
> oops.

Could you try this on 2.6.13-mm2? If this is due to a sending broadcast
IPI related issue that should fix the problem.

I should say i didnt try i386 in a while
but i suspect some of the recent suspend/resume code required some
modifications to the i386 hotplug code which might be getting in the way
if you just try logical cpu hotplug alone without using it for suspend/resume.

Shaohua might know more about the status.

Cheers,
ashok