Re: swsusp

From: rob
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 16:20:46 EST

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

it crashes the kernel with atempt to kill init or it trys to load a memory image that was never saved
I can't get it to boot for the first time so it can save a memory image

Strange...
Have you read the documentation? use resume2 instead of resume and so on?

Suspend2 works.. and solves many problems of suspend1... I recommend you invest some more time making it work.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.

yes and it dosen't behave as expected the noresume2 dosen't work at all
I even had to "rdev -R /dev/hda1 " the kernel just to get it to find the root parttion it was erroring with
(3.1) unrecnised device i even had to down the 2.6.13 source just to try it the patch would not apply
to a 2.6.12.5 source code

I have seen swsusp work on this laptop I haven't even seen swsusp2 even boot
on the fastest computer I have acess to there is a 2 1/2 hour built of the kernel
and I have to remove the hard drive from the laptop install it in the desk top get
the kernel on it reflash the BIOSreset al the hard ware settings reset the clock
just to see the kernel crash on boot up I have done this 3 times I have doubts
that this patch was ever ment for laptops the doucmentation isen't even included
in the source package
(laptops are not always on the net or always easy to get on the net )

I see it as a good thing it hasen't ben included in the kernel tree