Re: [2.6-GIT] NTFS: Release 2.1.24.

From: Giuseppe Bilotta
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 05:09:32 EST

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:18:01 +0100 (BST), Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

> Hi Linus, please pull from
>
> rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aia21/ntfs-2.6.git/HEAD
>
> This is the next NTFS update containing a ton of bug fixes several of
> which fix bugs people actually hit in the big bad world...
>
> Please apply. Thanks!
>
> I am sending the changesets as actual patches generated using git
> format-patch for non-git users in follow up emails (in reply to this one).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anton

BTW Anton, while looking for the best permission masks to be used when
mounting my NTFS paritions, I spotted what I think is a bug, or at
least an inconsistency between the way all fs drivers I use handle
umasks & friends, and the way NTFS does it. Basically, all the other
fs drivers take an octal representation of the masks. NTFS, instead,
seems to use _decimal_

(Of course, the spontaneous question is how comes that there isn't a
common fs code to read the common options?)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Hic manebimus optime