Re: BUG at mm/slab.c:662 - current 2.6.13-git (commit 87fc...)crashes on x86-64

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 22:04:36 EST

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

> Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > Actually the kernel configuration you mentioned (SMP with K8 NUMA support
> > booted on single processor) was the primary development platform for the
> > patch.
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
>
> Strange... I had to apply patch below - after doing that everything seems to
> be happy and running. Though it is not right fix, it seems to work fine
> here...

Hmmm. That is strange indeed and would mean that one of the initial caches
has not correctly been initialized or we are using a smaller cache size
than the management caches. With your patch the system fell
back to a larger size slab (which seems to be present). Weird.

What is your setting for L1_CACHE_BYTES?