RE: new asm-offsets.h patch problems

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 15:39:33 EST

>I'll try it. Hunk#2 of the change to Makefile didn't apply with
>patch ... I had to apply it by hand.

Either I goofed on the hand application of this patch, or it isn't
working. Curious thing is that it works with some config files, but
not with others. When I first reported this problem, all my builds
had worked except for the sn2_defconfig one. With this patch applied
I'm seeing bigsur_defconfig fail quite regularly.

E.g. this sequence (starting from a clean tree):

$ cp arch/ia64/configs/bigsur_defconfig .config
$ yes '' | make oldconfig
$ make prepare

leaves me with an include/asm-ia64/asm-offsets.h that only has the
definition of IA64_TASK_SIZE at 0.

-Tony