Re: asm-offsets.h is generated in the source tree

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 01:58:46 EST

On Sep 13, 2005, at 02:53:33, Keith Owens wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:48:43 -0400,
Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 09:15:25PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

o Use some magic define trick like:
- #include "ARCHDIR##foo.h"
- I cannot recall correct syntax but something like this is doable

The syntax for that is one of the following:

# define STR(x) #x
# define XSTR(x) STR(x)

Already exists, see include/linux/stringify.h

Well, yes, but I was illustrating the complete generic technique. If
you put all the defines in appropriate other headers, then all you need
are the #include ANGLE_INCLUDE(baz.h) and #include QUOTE_INCLUDE(baz.h)
lines :-D.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it because
life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why I draw
cartoons. It's my life."
-- Charles Shultz