Re: Quick update on latest Linux kernel performance

From: Chris White
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 16:49:28 EST

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 06:32, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
> New performance result are posted on http://kernel-perf.sourceforge.net
> with latest data collected on kernel 2.6.13-git9.

[snip]

> Take a look at the performance data. Comments and suggestions are always
> welcome and please post them to LKML.

The benchmarks here have a slight flaw in that the main hardware components
tested are not given. About the only thing I can see regarding these tests
is what processor they run on. Displaying network performance tests without
showing the network card or io tests without showing the disk controller
seems rather odd. I guess it comes down to requesting a full hardware
rundown. If this is displayed someplace on the site or elsewhere please
provide the link.

Chris White