Re: SCSI issue with 2.6.14-rc1

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 16:55:47 EST

>>>>> "Burton" == Burton Windle <bwindle@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Burton> Dell Poweredge 1300, MegaRAID SCSI with hardware RAID1. With
Burton> 2.6.13, system was fine, but on 2.6.14-rc1, it sees the RAID
Burton> array as a 0mb drive with 1 512-byte sector, and seems to have
Burton> a bit of a problem mounting /

This sounds like the same problem I saw with the IA64 simscsi driver
--- the READ_CAPACITY scsi command now generates a scatterlist, and
some drivers don't cope.

I don't know whether the right fix is to change all the drivers to
understand a scatterlist, or to change sd_read_capacity() to not use
scsi_execute_command().

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*