Re: wait_event_interruptible_timeout problem

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 18:30:49 EST

manomugdha biswas wrote:
Hi,
I have a kernel module (kernel 2.6) where I have
opened multiple tcp connections. when there is no
data
i want my process to sleep. For that i have added
the
following code.
/* Initialise the wait q head */
init_waitqueue_head(&VNICClientWQHead);
init_waitqueue_entry(&(currentMap->waitQ), current);
add_wait_queue(currentMap->sock->sk->sk_sleep,
&(currentMap->waitQ));
/* here currentMap is a structure containing tcp
conenction info for my module. There is a currentMap
for each tcp connection */
wait_event_interruptible_timeout(VNICClientWQHead,
0, HZ * 100000);
I am not sure about the condition argument, 0.

The condition should be an expression that returns true when whatever you are waiting for occurs - in this case when data is available. If you put the condition as 0 it will never wake up.

Also, why the huge timeout? If you just want to sleep forever, use regular wait_event_interruptible.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx