2.6 breaks my KVM?

From: Michael (Micksa) Slade
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 01:19:03 EST

I have an "intelligent" (but cheap) KVM which was working fine for me until I moved to a 2.6 linux kernel.

Not sure exactly where it started, but the issue happens with 2.6 kernels (I've tried several) and not 2.4 kernels.

The mouse misbehaves. touching the mouse causes the pointer to go haywire and jump everywhere, and there's the occasional button click too I think.

It happens with both my older logitech mouse and a newer MS intellimouse. Both work fine with 2.6 when plugged in directly.

The keyboard is fine.

The same KVM works fine with windows ME and XP.

Anyone know what's causing this?

Mick.