Re: VM balancing issues on 2.6.13: dentry cache not getting shrunkenough

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 04:18:09 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

The slab datastructures are not completely suited for this right now,
but it could be done by using one more of the list_heads in struct page
for slab backing pages.

I agree, I even started prototyping something a year ago, but ran out of time.
One tricky point are directory dentries: As far as I see, they are pinned and unfreeable if a (freeable) directory entry is in the cache.

--
Manfred