Re: Automatic Configuration of a Kernel

From: Ahmad Reza Cheraghi
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 04:57:24 EST

--- Michal Piotrowski
<michal.k.k.piotrowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 15/09/05, Ahmad Reza Cheraghi
> <a_r_cheraghi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I wrote this Framework for making a .config based
> on
> > the System Hardwares. It would be a great help if
> some
> > people would give me their opinion about it.
> >
> > Regards
>
> It's for new linux users? They should use
> distributions kernels.
> It's for "power users"? They just do make
> menuconfig...
> It's for kernel developers? They just do vi .config.
>
> I'll try it later, but I'm a bit sceptical.
>
> How about networking options? It can detect what
> protocols are needed?
> Filesystems?

The Network option or the Filesystes are choosen as a
Standard. So it will be there without checking if they
needed or not. Because I think Protocols like TCP-IP
or Filesystems like NTFS or expt2 has to be installed
on the now days Systems. But if they are any
suggestion or ideas of detecting those thing. No
problem just send me rule that does that and I will
updated easily on the Framework.Thats the benefit of
this Framework.;-)