Re: USB mass storage issue in 2.6.13

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 08:45:29 EST

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:11:06PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Attached is a zip with the original dmesg and what somes out of
dmesg -s200000 now.

argh, why zip? it really blows for this sort of thing

So does sending the whole huge file without compression. The advantage
of zip is that both relevant files can be put in one archive, and that
both archive and per-file comments can be added to make it clear what
each does. I could have done a compressed tar and an explanation, but
then you have to uncompress it to read the explanation.

I didn't pick that without thinking about it, and it seems at least as
useful as anything else which comes to mind, like multiple attachments.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc