Re: + acpi-disable-c2-c3-for-_all_-ibm-r40e-laptops-for-2613-bug-3549.patch added to -mm tree

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 03:33:32 EST

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:02:43PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> From: Thomas Rosner <kernel-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This adds all known BIOS versions of IBM R40e Laptops to the C2/C3
> processor state blacklist and thus prevents them from crashing. Fixes Bug
> #3549.
>
> Implementation is probably overly verbose, but DMI_MATCH seems to give us
> no choice.

I sent a similar patch to the list earlier this week, which also fixed
up the braindamaged indentation that Lindent recently did to the file.
I missed some of the ones you had though, and it seems, you also
missed one.

+ { set_max_cstate, "IBM ThinkPad R40e", {
+ DMI_MATCH(DMI_BIOS_VENDOR,"IBM"),
+ DMI_MATCH(DMI_BIOS_VERSION,"1SET68WW") },
+ (void*)1},

Dave