Re: free free irq and Oops on cat /proc/interrupts (2)

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 13:40:34 EST

Manu Abraham napsal(a):

Can somebody give me a pointer as to what i am possibly doing wrong.

The module loads fine..
The module unloads fine.. But i get a "free free IRQ" on free_irq()..
I do a cat /proc/interrupts .. I get an Oops.. Attached dmesg [1]
I did an Oops trace down to vsprintf.c, using make EXTRA_CFLAGS="-g -Wa,-a,-ad" lib/vsprintf.o > lib/vsprintf.asm, but still couldn't find what the real bug is.

Please, stop spamming list with your (almost all stupid) questions.
At the first read some material. ldd3 is the book, which will help you (the 3rd time I tell you that). There is explained how to write pci devices.
Then read some code, as Rolf Eike Beer wrote. Almost everything what will you ever need was written at least once.
Then think, if you didn't see the thing you want somewhere and take a look there.
And after all tries ask list, why the driver is not working.

At least Rolf and me wrote you, that you need to call pci_enable_device and you do NOT do that again. So?

thanks,

--
Jiri Slaby www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby
~\-/~ jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx ~\-/~