Re: PATCH: Fix race in cpu_down (hotplug cpu)

From: Srivatsa Vaddagiri
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 02:01:48 EST

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:29:39PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> It seems to me that it would be much nicer to just go with Nigel's
> first fix. That is, rather than clutter up all idle routines with
> this.

I felt it to be more of a hack to get things working (do we really
want the idle thread to be rescheduled at that point?). Plus the fact
that it can cause the idle thread to call schedule() before the cpu_is_offline
check made me uncomfortable (maybe it is just fine).

--

Thanks and Regards,
Srivatsa Vaddagiri,