Re: Reiser 4 - the BIG picture - (think BIG picture)

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 11:20:35 EST

On Sep 19, 2005, at 12:00:41, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Marc Perkel wrote:
If Reiser 4 isn't ready then what specifically needs to be done to get it ready? Let's post a list.

How ready is Reiser 4 compared to other file systems at the point of inclusion? Is it ripe yet?

Review is the biggest thing that is needed now, and there aren't a huge number of qualified reviewers, so it's largely a resourcing issue.

How do we get the qualified reviewers to review it & post their comments? They also have other things to do, so we can't expect them to drop their current activities and review it this week.

Especially since Hans has been providing strong disincentive to review of his code. Personal attacks are not exactly productive along those lines. Perhaps it might be best if the code reviewers were to work directly with Vladimir Saveliev, Alexander Zarochentcev, etc to get the issues resolved directly with minimal political posturing. Hans, no offense, but you've been trying really hard to get everybody qualified to review your code to reconsider such action. Maybe you should step back and let the programmers work out issues on their own.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible
-- Alan Kay