Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

From: Horst von Brand
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 10:37:15 EST

Nikita Danilov <nikita@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephen Pollei writes:

> > > Since when has a missing declaration prevented anyone calling a
> > > function in C?!

> It issues a warning, which is enough, given that reiser4 code was
> warning-free most of the time.

It is supposed to go into the kernel, which is not exactly warning-free.
Besides, you don't know what idiotic new warnings the gcc people might
dream up the next round, so just relying on no warnings is extremely
unwise.

As was said before: It it is /really/ wrong, arrange for it not to compile
or not to link. If it isn't, well... then it wasn't that wrong anyway.