Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 16:18:08 EST

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 04:15:41PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:28:12 +0400, Roman I Khimov said:
> > --nextPart1692600.LIfSYN1P7A
>
> > Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but ext2 have failed on second check
> > of first pass with
> >
> > Second check...
> > e2fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
> > Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> > Pass 2: Checking directory structure
>
> > fsck.damaged: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
> > fsck.damaged: 1345/25064 files (1.7% non-contiguous), 94063/100000 blocks
> > fsck lied about its success (result = 1)

>From the fsck man page:

The exit code returned by fsck is the sum of the following conditions:
0 - No errors
1 - File system errors corrected
2 - System should be rebooted
4 - File system errors left uncorrected
8 - Operational error
16 - Usage or syntax error
32 - Fsck canceled by user request
128 - Shared library error

An exit code of 1 means that filesystem errors were corrected
(successfully).

This is a convention that has been around for a long time (since at
least BSD 4.x).

- Ted