Re: Arrr! Linux v2.6.14-rc2

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 19:44:56 EST

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 13:59, Horst von Brand wrote:
>Sean <seanlkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, September 20, 2005 10:25 am, Gene Heskett said:
>> > Humm, what are they holding out for, more ram or more cpu?:-)
>> >
>> > FWIW, http://master.kernel.org doesn't show it either just now.
>>
>> While kernel.org snapshots will no doubt be working again shortly, you
>> might want to consider using git. It reduces the amount you have to
>> download for each release a lot.
>
>Only that it doesn't work either today. Kernel stays at 2.6.14-rc1 as of
>yesterday (latest were a few NTFS patches), everything up to date.

Thats odd. I followed the directions in the message near the head of
this thread, and after I fixed my $PATH to include ~/bin:, it
just worked, and I made a copy of it to my /usr/src dir & built
it. I've been running 2.6.14-rc2 for about 00:02:17 now. And it seems
to be running nominally so far. Or at least thats the version in the
Makefile. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)