Re: [uml-devel] Re: [patch 1/2] Fixup symlink function pointers for hppfs [for 2.6.13]

From: Al Viro
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 22:26:11 EST

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 02:00:35PM +0200, Blaisorblade wrote:
> On Friday 26 August 2005 23:48, Al Viro wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:04:43PM +0200, Blaisorblade wrote:
> > > And beyond that what? I cannot even think what's the rest *. And
> > > "obvious" doesn't hold with me.
> Al, while at it, can I get a bit of help from you?
>
> We have a commented out version of
> arch/um/drivers/mconsole_kern.c:mconsole_proc(), which is supposed to read
> the contents of procfs from the internal kernel mount, rather than /proc (to
> avoid being faked out by hppfs).
>
> As remarked in comments, that code is broken (run on the host uml_mconsole
> <umid> proc <filename>, which will call that code, for 4-5 times gives you an
> oops inside UML). Can you help with that?

nd.mnt is what? NULL? There's your oops.

Grab fs/nfsctl.c::do_open() and s/nfsd/proc/g in there. FWIW, it's probably
better off in libfs.c with fs type as argument... For now, just copy it -
it's trivial and small enough; when I move the sucker to libfs, we'll
switch to that. And lose that deactivate_super(), obviously - you won't
be touching superblock anymore.

And for pity sake,

goto out;
out: ;