RE: How to Force PIO mode on sata promise (Linux 2.6.10)

From: David Sanchez
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 07:35:46 EST

Hi,

I'm using the linux kernel 2.6.10 and busybox on an AMD db AU1550 with a hdd connected to the pata port of a PCI card (Promise PDC20579).

I've got file copy corruption on big files (around 500MB). I made some investigations and I found that sometimes the read(fd,4096) function returns unexpected data and sometimes after a write(fd,4096) function, the data on disk is not the data send in the write() function...

Maybe a hw bug ? A hw or sw DMA transfer bug ? or anything else... I need to known what happens so I try everything...

Any idea on my problem Jeff ?

David