Re: probs with realtek 8110/8169 NIC

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 09:16:35 EST

Bgs wrote:
Greetings,

I installed a NIC with a 8110/8169 chip in a server to upgrade to gigabgit bandwidth. I get a lot of these in dmesg:

My best guess from the little information available is that this looks like 4k stacks being used together with reiserfs and a stack overflow corrupting the stack away.

Your .config would be helpful to confirm this, though.

I would suggest you turn CONFIG_4KSTACKS off or use a different filesystem.

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our
adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain