Re: dentry_cache using up all my zone normal memory -- also seenon 2.6.14-rc2

From: Christopher Friesen
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 16:30:04 EST

Friesen, Christopher [CAR:VC21:EXCH] wrote:
Trond Myklebust wrote:

...and what is "an NFS filesystem"? v2, v3, v4, ...?

I think the root filesystem is v3. But as I mentioned, I just realized the file manipulation was happening on a tmpfs filesystem.

As a data point, the LTP test does not trigger the oom killer if /tmp is part of the root filesystem and not a separate tmpfs partition.

Chris