ipw2200 Broken 2.6.13: "firmware_loading_store: unexpected value(0)"

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 05:55:23 EST

I'm using 2.6.13-mm1, and i tried both 1.0.6 and the included driver (both matched with the appropriate ieee80211 driver) and I'm using debian unstable's version of hotplug Version: 0.0.20031013-2. I have very little installed on this computer as it's a WRAP board with mini pci intel 2915. Is anything in userspace required to load firmware besides hotplug? I dont use udev or devfs ...not sure if there are /dev entries or what.

I'm getting this error constantly (thousands of times a second when modprobing the ipw2200 driver (any version)

firmware_loading_store: unexpected value (0)

I have the firmware available in every possible accepted location for firmware. I have no doubt that it's finding the firmware, but unable to load it. My sysfs driver directory for the pci device has no "data" file/directory in it, which I thought is where firmware is loaded.

If any other info is required to figure this problem out. Just mention it. I'll provide everything. Attached is my config for the kernel in question.