Re: RT bug with 2.6.13-rt4 and 3c905c tornado

From: Serge Noiraud
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 08:50:43 EST

mardi 20 Septembre 2005 10:55, Ingo Molnar wrote/a écrit :
> * Serge Noiraud <serge.noiraud@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This driver works perfectly if you insert the physical card on a
> > PCI slot. If you insert this same card on a PCI-X slot, we got the
> > following problem : When you type "modprobe 3c59x", the system freeze.
> >
> > Has someone already test this ?
> >
> > This card works perfectly on the same PCI-X slot with a non RT kernel.
> > Do you need some more info ?
>
> use serial logging and the NMI watchdog to debug hard lockups (see the
> info below). Use CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP=y to detect soft lockups.
> Generally the use of debugging options can help as well. Here's a 'full'
> debugging kernel:

Big deal !
How can I debug this problem ?
If the kernel has no debug option, modprobe freeze the machine.
If the kernel has debug option, modprobe works correctly and the card works
perfectly. I compile one kernel and make recursively listing trough nfs
I got 140 millions nfs requests without problem.

I could have kgdb, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure it helps me. I think it's
a timing problem somewhere in the pci driver.