Re: 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 ide problems on AMD64

From: Badari Pulavarty
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 17:36:29 EST

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 23:02 +0400, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:

> If you have quilt(1) installed and don't mind a couple recompiles, you
> can do a bisection on -mm patches:
>
> 1) Unpack clean 2.6.14-rc2.
> 2) Apply attached patch to it ("bisect-mm" script).
> 3) chmod 755 ./bisect-mm
>
> 4) cp -r $WHATEVER/broken-out patches # copy broken out -mm to the top
> # level directory
>
> "Dumb" mode:
>
> 5) ./bisect-mm start
> 6) ./bisect-mm apply
> # wait until patches are applied
> # or reverted
> 7) rebuild
> reboot
> 8) ./bisect-mm good # if it boots fine, or
> ./bisect-mm bad
> goto 6
>
> Continue until it says "Sucker is ...".
>
> You can also enter "smart" mode after reading comment at the beginning
> of the script. It can save your some recompiles.

Well, I tried using your script to bisect -mm patches.

I did steps (1) - (7) without problem. Then my kernel didn't boot.
So I did

./bisect-mm bad
./bisect-mm apply

I get following messages infinitely. Seems to be problem with
scripts/quilt.

Anyway, I will do manual binary search.

Thanks,
Badari

Patch acx1xx-wireless-driver does not remove (enforce with -f)
Removing acx1xx-wireless-driver
The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file
drivers/net/wireless/tiacx/pci_helper.c,
which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file
drivers/net/wireless/tiacx/usb_helper.c,