Re: [vendor-sec] [BUG/PATCH/RFC] Oops while completing async USB via usbdevio

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 03:05:22 EST

First off, thanks for providing a patch for this problem, it is real,
and has been known for a while (thanks to your debugging :)

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 05:13:30PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:

> I suggest this (or any other) fix to be applied to both 2.6.14 final and
> the stable series. I didn't yet investigate 2.4.x, but I think it is
> likely to have the same problem.

I agree, but I think we need an EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() for your newly
exported symbol, otherwise the kernel will not build if you have USB
built as a module.

thanks,

greg k-h