Re: Best Kernel Timers?

From: Simon White
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 07:05:39 EST

> I'm not really sure what you have against patches? If you have to wait
> for this to be in the mainline, you are going to be disappointed.

Me, personally nothing, but trying to get every user of a catweasel or
hardsid card to patch there kernel is the problem.

For those that do wish to patch there systems I have alternative
better realtime code. For those that don't I wanted something that
would approximately work as I had before.

As a note I've found it bad enough to try and get users to build the
normal drivers for there prebuilt kernels... with various requests
as to please put this in mainline (although not ready for that) so
it comes pre-built and installed for there system.

If there are no currently in mainline even approaching suitable clocks
(why I asked) then I'll resort to some custom busy waiting mechanism :(.

Thankyou for helping.
Simon