Re: 128 kbytes allocation limit for kmalloc?

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 07:56:29 EST

* mailarch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | 2005-09-27 19:40:32 [+0200]:

>Hello,
>
>is it possible to allocate more than 128 kbytes in a kernel lkm module?

Yes, multiple kmalloc calls. You can implement your own memory managment
in top of it. For further informations: cat /proc/slabinfo

>When I allocate more than 128 kbytes with the kmalloc call, kmalloc returns NULL.

If you need one continues chunk of memory you must take vmalloc. But
note the performance penalty and some other disadvantages (dma, ...).

HGN

--
Standards are industry's way of codifying obsolescence.